Tidbits of Arabic News translated into English

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Winter Olympics

(February 12, 2014)

I thought that the BBC Arabic would cover the Sochi Olympics heavily, which I was glad about, because it meant seeing lots of Swedes and Norwegians. I was judging based on all the coverage the BBC Arabic devoted to the London games two years ago.

Alas! I forgot to reckon on the winter Olympics being less popular than the summer Olympics. The BBC Arabic hardly said a word. I think they might have mentioned Norway once or twice.

I don't know, this flying skier might or might not be Norwegian:


I was traveling the final weekend of the Olympics, so I did not catch how big of a deal they made of the hockey finals, which Sweden was part of. But I did hear a flattering analysis of the Swedish hockey team, pre-game, on CNN at the airport in the middle of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment