Tidbits of Arabic News translated into English

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

More Sweden in Jordan's taxis

Yesterday's taxi wondered if there was no work in Sweden, because why else would anyone leave Sweden and come to Jordan.

I said, there's lots of work in Sweden, and lots to study and lots of opportunity! But, Swedish people really like to learn about different cultures, like to meet lots of people, and like to be of assistance whenever they can. I wanted to do the same thing, and that's why I'm here. I'm going to say lots and lots more nice things as soon as my Arabic becomes more eloquent.

Today's taxi, when he found out I was from Sweden, couldn't stop saying, "welcome! welcome! welcome!" He was so excited that he switched to English, and then he said, "any time, you are welcome here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment