Tidbits of Arabic News translated into English

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Do Arab women vote?

England has been celebrating the 100-year anniversary of when some British women got the right to vote.

So the BBC Arabic took the issue to Arab women. I think most Arab women have the right to vote, but not all exercise that right. Why not?

This lady says: I don't think I've voted for three years; no one deserves my vote.


This next lady was speaking from Iraq:
She says: yes, I voted, but then the results came back saying that 99% of people had voted for the president (did I hear that wrong??) so where was my vote? But I still vote. I have a right to give my opinion as a women and as a citizen, and I'll never let go of that right.

This girl said: I hope when people vote, that they vote for what's good for future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment