Tidbits of Arabic News translated into English

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Attack on UN in Somalia

(June 19, 2013)

The UN was attacked in Somalia. There was a car bomb explosion, and I think that twelve UN workers were killed. I was watching the BBC Arabic, thinking they would make this their emergency story. But they did not. I don't remember what the top story was, but it was not this. This attack did not even crack the main headlines. It was in the second wave of news stories that are addressed further on in the news hour. The only thing I can say is that the guy presenting the news looked really sad and troubled. But then, he always looks sad and troubled.


I think his name is Anton or Tony Khouri

Since this was not the top story on the BBC Arabic, I predicted that Al-Jazeera was probably going to pretend it had not happened at all. However, seeing as I was at work, I decided not to tempt the computer oversight people by going to Al-Jazeera's website. And then I forgot to check when I got home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment